This policy is applicable to Mentor Education Pty Ltd, trading as Mentor Education. Nothing in this policy or procedure limits the rights of individuals to take action under Australia’s Consumer Protection laws and the Australian Consumer Law and Fair-Trading Act 2012.
Consistent with the requirements of Australian Consumer Law and Fair-Trading Act 2012 the purpose of this policy is to provide
- Guidelines for granting refunds of enrolment fee, cancellation or enrolments and transfer requests. It applies to domestic and international students enrolled in Mentor Education programs.
Student Enrolment Fees
Students must advise Mentor Education that they are withdrawing from a subject or course enrolment. No refund will be paid for withdrawals. If the student has applied for a payment plan when enrolling the amount of the payment plan must be paid out in full regardless of whether they are withdrawing from a subject enrolment where training has been provided.
Note: A refund administration fee of $200 applies to all refund applications.
Mentor Education will offer a suspension or extension at no charge to students under the following circumstances:
- By reason/s of proven financial hardship or medical conditions that will extend past the duration of the course enrolled.
Mentor Education will offer refund to students under the following circumstances:
- Where Mentor Education cancels a subject in which the student has enrolled or where the commencement of the subject or module is postponed for more than four weeks.
Please complete Course Cancellation Request Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no more than 7 calendar days from when the reason for your course cancellation is known to you with evidence of your reason for withdrawal.
Fees for re-marking
There are fees for the remarking of an assessment item these are outlines in the remark form and include:
- $195 for remarking of an assessment item
Students who have enrolled in a subject can transfer to another subject prior to the commencement of the program without penalty. Students who transfer subjects will also incur a $50 fee per hard copy manual received from the original subject which will be deducted from the refund of the original course. Students who change subjects will be ineligible to apply for special consideration based on changing subjects alone.
Workshops, short courses or other activities
Throughout the year Mentor Education runs student-based workshops, tutorials, short courses and other course related activities. If Mentor Education cancels one of these activities, full fees will be refunded. Mentor Education will provide participants 7 days' notice of the decision to cancel. No refund will be paid for tutorials.
Note: Mentor Education will not be liable for any other associated costs such as accommodation or travel costs including flights.
Where a student cancels a workshop registration prior to commencement cancellation fees may apply (refer to the table below).
|Cancellation Period||Cancelation Fee|
|Up to 30 days prior to commencement||$100 cancellation, Transfer is available at no cost|
|Up to 14 days prior to commencement||$200 cancellation, $100 transfer|
|Less than 14 days prior to commencement||No refund for cancellation, $100 transfer if places available.|
In the unlikely event that Mentor Education defaults, for unforeseen reasons, and is unable to provide a course of study or continue a course of study Mentor Education will arrange for student to enrol in a similar course of study and receive full recognition for any successfully completed units of study already undertaken.
Payment of Refund
Refunds are paid in Australian dollars, within 28 business days from the date the student lodges a written request with a completed Course Cancellation Request form and with accompanying evidence.
No tuition fee refund is payable if:
- The student formally withdraws from the program after commencement. In this case the student is liable to pay the full tuition fee and any expenses, costs or disbursements incurred in recovering the tuition fees.
- Terms and conditions of the contract between the student and Mentor Education are breached
- The student's enrolment is cancelled by Mentor Education
Tuition fee transfers after the program has commenced are solely at the discretion of Mentor Education and are only made if the student is more suitably places in another institutional program for academic reason.
The following fees are non-refundable:
- Fees charged for administrative services e.g. extension fees, reprints for transcripts etc.
- Course enrolment fees
- Tuition fees
- Protection of student fees. Protection of student fees are in place by way of an Australian government recognised tuition.
If you have any enquiries about this policy please contact Mentor Education.
Please see Complaints and Appeals policy for these details.
The responsible officer for the implementation and relevant training of this policy is the RTO Manager.
Policy updated 30 January 2020.