The FNSSS00009 Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax plans) delivered by Mentor Education is a nationally recognised training course delivering the skills and knowledge required to meet the Tax Practitioners Board* (TPB) educational eligibility requirements for a course in Australian taxation law. Units in this skill set incorporate studies in formulating tax documentation for individuals, executing tax plans and assessing tax obligations. To be eligible for TPB accreditation students must have completed a full qualification such as FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting and Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215) in addition to the Skill Set.
* Individuals should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements.
The FNSSS00009 Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax plans) has been designed for individuals who are seeking tax agent registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB)*. This skill set provides credit towards both the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting and FNS60217 Advanced Diploma of Accounting.
The skill set provides an overview of the:
- Knowledge required to prepare non-complex income tax returns for individuals in accordance with statutory requirements, and encompasses gathering and verifying data, calculating taxable income and reviewing compliance requirements.
- Knowledge required to assess taxation liabilities, optimise tax positions, establish processes and plans, evaluate tax policies and review tax compliance for legal entities.
* This Skill Set, together, with the appropriate assessment methods as set by the TPB, meets the requirements for a course in commercial law for tax agents that is approved by the TPB. Persons seeking tax agent registration should check with the TPB for details of other current registration requirements, including those relating to experience and fitness and propriety. Individuals should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements.
Industry Endorsed and Trusted
Mentor's FNSSS00009 Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax plans) is a nationally recognised accredited qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Skill Set entry requirements
To be eligible for enrolment into the Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set, students must meet the minimum entry requirement, being completion of studies to an ATQF4 level or above. For participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended students have an accounting or bookkeeping background and have strong literacy and numeracy skills. Students are also expected to have access to a computer and the internet.
Who Should Enrol?
Please call us for further information.
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- Implement tax plans and evaluate tax obligations
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Download Enrolment Form
Terms and Conditions
* Unless stated otherwise, this offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications, Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. Unless stated otherwise, no payment plans available for discount offers. Unless stated otherwise, no discounts available for Workshops. Unless stated otherwise, to be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 31/08/2019, 11.59pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 30/06/2019.