The Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) (FNSSS00008) delivered by Mentor Education is a nationally recognised training course delivering the skills and knowledge required to meet the Tax Practitioners Board* (TPB) educational eligibility requirements for a course in Australian taxation law. Units in this skill set incorporate studies in preparation of tax documentation for individuals and preparation and administration of tax documentation for legal entities.
* Individuals should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements.
The Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) (FNSSS00008) has been designed for individuals who are seeking tax agent registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB)*. The skill set provides credit towards both the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215) and Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215). To be eligible for TPB accreditation as a tax agent students must have completed a full qualification such as Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215) and Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215) in addition to the Skill Set.
The skill set provides an overview of:
- The knowledge required to prepare non-complex income tax returns for individuals in accordance with statutory requirements, and encompasses gathering and verifying data, calculating taxable income and reviewing compliance requirements
- The knowledge required to identify taxation requirements for complex lodgements and returns for legal entities. It involves gathering, analysing and processing taxation related data to prepare tax documentation, and to review and apply compliance requirements
* This Skill Set, together, with the appropriate assessment methods as set by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB), meets the requirements for a course in commercial law for tax agents that is approved by the TPB. Persons seeking tax agent registration should check with the TPB for details of other current registration requirements, including those relating to experience and fitness and propriety. Individuals should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements.
Industry Endorsed and Trusted
Mentor's Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) (FNSSS00008) is a nationally recognised accredited qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Skill Set entry requirements
To be eligible for enrolment into the Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set, students must meet the minimum entry requirement, being completion of studies to an ATQF4 level or above. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended students have an accounting or bookkeeping background and have strong literacy and numeracy skills. Students are also expected to have access to a computer and the internet.
Who Should Enrol?
The Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) (FNSSS00008) is suitable for those seeking to meet the educational requirements to become a Registered Tax Agent with the TPB. This skill set describes the skills and knowledge required to meet the TPB educational eligibility requirements for a course in Australian taxation law. For further information, please visit www.tpb.gov.au.
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Download Enrolment Form
Terms and Conditions
* Unless stated otherwise, this offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications, Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. Unless stated otherwise, no payment plans available for discount offers. Unless stated otherwise, no discounts available for Workshops. Unless stated otherwise, to be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 28/02/2019, 11.59pm AEDT. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/01/2019.