Mentor Education's SMSF Adviser is designed for advisers wishing to meet the RG146 requirements of providing advice with regards to self-managed super funds (SMSF).
Focused on your Success
We recognise that employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are aware of the challenges of being a successful financial adviser. Often a candidate’s Qualification is the only evidence that they possess the technical knowledge and skills requirements to conduct themselves professionally as an authorised representative. Unfortunately, this can not be said for all training providers.
With a Mentor Education qualification or short course, you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
The SMSF course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and technical skills to provide advice to clients on:
- Forming a SMSF Obligations and Responsibilities of Trustees
- Contributing to a SMSF
- Investments by a SMSF
- Pensions and Withdrawals from a SMSF
- Estate Planning in a SMSF
- Winding up a SMSF
Upon successful completion of this online course, you will achieve 21 CPD points to contribute towards your yearly CPD obligations.
Mentor Education’s courses offer more than just compliance training that meets the requirements of Regulatory Guideline 146 (RG146). They are designed to engage and challenge, so that you or your advisers are equipped with both the skills and knowledge required to deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Who Should Enrol?
This course is suitable for advisers who are required to provide specialist knowledge in Self Managed Superannuation Funds.
Course Entry Requirement
This course is open entry. Upon successful completion of this course:
- Individuals who are RG146 compliant to give personal advice in Superannuation will be issued with a Statement of Attainment, listing the corporate regulator competencies achieved.
- Individuals who do not hold the above, or the Diploma of Financial Planning will receive a Statement of Completion.
SMSF course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and technical skills to provide compliant advice to clients on:
Self Managed Super Funds
- Superannuation Basics
- Introducing SMSFs
- Forming an SMSF
- Obligations and Responsibilities of Trustees
- Contributing to an SMSF
- Investments by an SMSF
- Investment opportunities for an SMSF
- Pensions and Withdraws from an SMSF
- Estate Planning in an SMSF
- Winding up an SMSF
Units of Competency
This course includes nationally recognised units
SMSF Personal Advice
|FNSSMS501||Invest in self-managed superannuation funds assets|
|FNSSMS601||Provide advice in self-managed superannuation funds|
|FNSSMS602||Apply taxation requirements when advising in self-managed superannuation funds|
|FNSSMS603||Apply legislative and operational requirements to advising in self-managed superannuation funds|
|FNSSMS505||Support trustee in the selection and performance monitoring of outsourced services|
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients. Assessment includes:
- Multiple choice knowledge test for each part.
- Short answer responses to a practical case study.
Our friendly and experienced team will provide support and assessment feedback as you progress through your studies.
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Workshop spaces are limited, so book your spot to avoid disappointment
Terms and Conditions
* This offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications and Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. No payment plans available for discount offer. No discounts available for Workshops. To be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 31/10/2018, 4pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Enrolments must be completed online using either the Enol buttons and links on this page or links provided by your Course Adviser. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/10/2018. Excludes all workshops; online study only. Offer ends either prior to the 31/10/2018 or when removed from this website.