Margin Lending Adviser is designed for individuals who require RG146 compliance and authorisation by an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) holder to provide advice on margin lending products.
This course is listed on the Training Register of Australia's corporate regulator (ASIC).
Focused on your Success
We recognise that employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are aware of the challenges of being a successful financial adviser.Often a candidate’s Qualification is the only evidence that they possess the technical knowledge and skills requirements to conduct themselves professionally as an authorised representative. Unfortunately, this can not be said for all training providers.
With a RG 146 Training Australia Diploma of Financial Planning qualification you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
The Margin Lending course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and technical skills to provide compliant advice to clients on:
- Margin Lending
- Conducting product research to support your recommendations.
- Provide appropriate services, advice and products to clients.
- Determine client requirements and expectations.
- Record and Implement client instructions.
Mentor’s courses offer more than just compliance training that meets the requirements of Regulatory Guideline 146 (RG146). They are designed to engage and challenge, so that you or your advisers are equipped with both the skills and knowledge required to deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Who Should Enrol?
You should enrol if you are:
- Working within the financial planning profession and looking to meet qualification requirement of the corporate regulator as an authorised financial adviser in relation to Margin Lending.
- Seeking to expand your margin lending skills and knowledge.
- Wanting to diversify your revenue opportunities by providing advice on margin lending.
Course Entry Requirement
This online course is open entry. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals who:
- Hold the Diploma of Financial Planning (FNS 50611) qualification or equivalent will be issued a Statement of Attainment listing the RG146 competencies achieved. Those who do not hold the Diploma of Financial Planning (FNS 50611) qualification or equivalent and wish to provide personal advice in Margin Lending will need to complete the prerequisite Financial Advice subject (DFP 1) will be awarded a Statement of Attainment listing the RG146 competencies achieved.
- Those who do not hold the Diploma of Financial Planning qualification or equivalent and wish to provide general advice in Margin Lending will need to complete the prerequisite Financial Advice Fundamentals subject, a portion of DFP1 to be awarded a Statement of Attainment listing the RG146 competencies achieved.
- Have yet to attain the Diploma of Financial Planning qualification and do not wish to provide either general or personal advice will be issued an Award of Completion.
Level of Advice
All financial product advice are labelled under two types of advice: general advice or personal advice. ASIC has provided guidance as to the difference between general advice and personal advice. Both general advice and private advice are outlined under section 766B of the Corporations Act.
Advice is deemed personal if the adviser has to consider one or more objectives of the client's personal circumstances, objectives, financial situation or needs.
For personal advice the adviser will provide the client with a current Financial Services Guide (FSG) and a Statement of Advice (SoA), and all relevant Product Disclosure Statements and supporting Financial Statements (where relevant).
The client will also be required to sign an engagement letter, scope of advice, and fee agreement forms.
This online course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and technical skills to provide compliant advice to clients on:
- Part 1 Overview of Margin lending course
- Part 2 Essential of Margin Lending
- Part 3 How to Take out a Margin Loan
- Part 4 Risks Associated with Margin Lending
- Part 5 Opes Prime and Storm Financial
- Part 6 Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
- Part 7 Responsible lending Requirements
- Part 8 Margin Calls
- Part 9 Taxation Treatment of Margin Loans
- Part 10 Investment Strategies
- Part 11 Economic Outlook
Units of Competency
This course includes nationally recognised units
Margin Lending Personal Advice
|FNSASICR503||Provide advice in Margin Lending|
|FNSINC501||Conduct product research to support recommendations|
|FNSIAD501||Provide appropriate services, advice and products to clients|
|FNSCUS505||Determine client requirements and expectations|
|FNSCUS506||Record and implement client instructions|
This course is assessed via completion of:
- Multiple choice knowledge test for each part.
- Short answer responses to questions relating to a case study, where you are required to apply the financial advice process.
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Terms and Conditions
* This offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications and Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. No payment plans available for discount offer. No discounts available for Workshops. To be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 31/10/2018, 4pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Enrolments must be completed online using either the Enol buttons and links on this page or links provided by your Course Adviser. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/10/2018. Excludes all workshops; online study only. Offer ends either prior to the 31/10/2018 or when removed from this website.