The General Insurance course is designed for individuals who are interested in a career selling General, Personal and Business Insurance products as covered by Regulatory Guideline 146 (RG146).
For existing authorised representatives, successful completion of this course allows you to extend your advisory range into General Insurance products.
Focused on your Success
We recognise that employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are aware of the challenges of being a successful financial adviser.Often a candidate’s Qualification is the only evidence that they possess the technical knowledge and skills requirements to conduct themselves professionally as an authorised representative. Unfortunately, this can not be said for all training providers.
With a RG 146 Training Australia Diploma of Financial Planning qualification you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
The General Insurance Advice course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and technical skills to provide compliant advice to clients on:
personal insurance related to:
business insurance related to:
Mentor’s courses offer more than just compliance training that meets the requirements of Regulatory Guideline 146 (RG146). They are designed to engage and challenge, so that you or your advisers are equipped with both the skills and knowledge required to deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Who Should Enrol?
This course is suitable for:
- Individuals seeking employment with any general insurance company
- Individuals engaged in the promotion of general insurance products
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have a strong grasp of literacy and numeracy.
Level of Advice
All financial product advice are labelled under two types of advice: general advice or personal advice. ASIC has provided guidance as to the difference between general advice and personal advice. Both general advice and private advice are outlined under section 766B of the Corporations Act.
Mentor Education’s RG146 General Insurance Short Course covers general advice only, personal advice is not covered.
General Advice relates to financial products or investments that can be obtained from an individual that holds an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) or similarly works for a company that has an AFSL.
The advice is classified as general information provided to a client on a particular product or strategy but does not take into account the clients’ personal financial circumstances.
Furthermore, for general advice the individual will receive a current Financial Services Guide (FSG) from their adviser at the first meeting and if a product is discussed, a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for each product will be provided if strategies are discussed, and a relevant client fact sheets will also be provided.
Individuals seeking to provide Tier 2 compliant advice on General Insurance products are required to successfully complete the Insurance course as General Advice.
Australian Industry Essentials
Australian Industry Essentials and Fundamentals of Financial Advice must be the first subject completed before any of the specialist knowledge subject(s).
- Australian Economy
- Australian Financial Markets
- Investment Funds
- Corporations Act
- Regulatory Environment
- Licensees and Representatives
General Insurance Specialist knowledge
- Personal Insurance
- Understanding Insurance
- Operation of Insurance Markets
- General Insurance
- Advisory Functions
- Legal Obligations and Compliance
- Core Insurance Appendix
- The General Insurance Industry
- Risk and General Insurance
- The Law Relating to G.I. Payments
- Reading Product Disclosure Statements
- Personal Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Taxation and Client Relationship Issues
- Function and Regulation of General Insurers
- The Contractual Relationship
- General Insurance Claims
Units of Competency
This course includes nationally recognised units
Tier 2 General Insurance (General Advice)
|FNSASIC304||Provide Tier 2 general advice in general insurance|
This course is assessed via completion of:
- multiple choice knowledge test (open-book, online) per subject
- Short answer responses to questions relating to a case study, where you are required to apply the financial advice process.
Our friendly and experienced team will provide support and assessment feedback as you progress through your studies.
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Terms and Conditions
* Unless stated otherwise, this offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications, Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. Unless stated otherwise, no payment plans available for discount offers. Unless stated otherwise, no discounts available for Workshops. Unless stated otherwise, to be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 28/02/2019, 11.59pm AEDT. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/01/2019.