Mentor Education's IT and Cyber Security Short Course (comprising of the ICTSS00107 - Introductory Help Desk Skill Set, ICTSS00106 - Introductory Tools and Applications Skill Set, ICTSS00102 - Cyber Incident Threat Detection and Prevention Skill Set and ICTSS00103 - Cyber Security Strategy and Governance Skill Set) is a mix of short courses that has been developed to provide a mix of flexible general-purpose ICT qualifications covering entry to mid-level IT administration disciplines.
Ideal for a range of ICT professionals, including ICT consultants, cyber security analysts, IT help desk and General IT workers where ob roles that involve working across a range of duties in organisations, this course delivers introductory ICT knowledge covering a wide-range of topics covering:
- Maintaining and resolving ICT systems and client queries
- Creating digital organisational documentation
- Analysing and interpreting cyber security threats
- Implement and manage cyber security standards and practices across organisations
Core transferrable skills include:
- Administration, leadership and planning
- Time management
- Risk management
Mentor Education’s ICTSS00107 - Introductory Help Desk Skill Set, ICTSS00106 - Introductory Tools and Applications Skill Set, ICTSS00102 - Cyber Incident Threat Detection and Prevention Skill Set and ICTSS00103 - Cyber Security Strategy and Governance Skill Set are all nationally recognised qualifications, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded the following skill sets:
- ICTSS00107 - Introductory Help Desk Skill Set
- ICTSS00106 - Introductory Tools and Applications Skill Set
- ICTSS00102 - Cyber Incident Threat Detection and Prevention Skill Set
- ICTSS00103 - Cyber Security Strategy and Governance Skill Set
The Units from the above skills set may contribute to credit towards other nationally recognised qualifications.
Skill Set Entry Requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills
- Microsoft Office (or freeware equivalent) installed on their computer
- Access to a reliable high-quality internet connection
- Adequate literacy/numeracy skills
Students will be required to undertake 18 course units of study. Units may be delivered sequentially and should be completed over a 60-week period.
- Interact and resolve queries with ICT clients *
- Update and maintain hardware, software and documentation inventories *
- Develop solutions for basic ICT malfunctions and problems *
- Maintain ICT system integrity *
- Produce digital text documents **
- Install software applications **
- Use computer operating systems and hardware **
- Design and create basic organisational documents **
- Identify and use specific industry standard technologies **
- Run vulnerability test assessments for an organisation ***
- Develop cyber security incident response plans ***
- Gather, analyse and interpret threat data ***
- Create cyber security standards for organisations +
- Implement best practices for identity management +
- Evaluate an organisation’s compliance with relevant cyber security standards and law +
- Perform cyber security risk assessments +
Units from the ICTSS00107 - Introductory Help Desk Skill Set *
Units from the ICTSS00106 - Introductory Tools and Applications Skill Set **
Units from the ICTSS00102 - Cyber Incident Threat Detection and Prevention Skill Set ***
Units from the ICTSS00103 - Cyber Security Strategy and Governance Skill Set +
Download a brochure for detailed course unit information.
100% online learning.
Assessments will vary amongst individual units and may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
- Virtual tutorials and webinars
Online Learning Experience
Throughout their study time with Mentor Education, each student is supported by a fully resourced student support team trained in managing the needs of todays students.
Whilst completing their qualification, students are entitled to unlimited e-mail and phone support by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so they are never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during their studies.Learning Materials
Mentor Education has developed this qualification with student needs central to its structure.
TThe learning materials offered in this course are designed to give students exposure to what they would actually do in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and live online classroom-based tutorials - all included in the initial enrolment fee with no more to pay.Virtual Classroom Experience
The best thing about completing your qualification with Mentor is just how effectively and easily it makes study fit in with your current lifestyle. What’s more with the online learning management system and virtual classrooms you can interact with your cohort and study just about anywhere you can find an internet connection.Flexibility and Delivery
In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Full upfront course fee payments can be made for this course, with regular special discount offers available for upfront payments.
Payment plans are available for this course. All payment plans require an upfront payment of a percentage of the course plus regular scheduled payments. If information in relation to a payment plan is not listed with a specific course, please call 1300 306 146 during business hours and speak to an Education Adviser to find out more about payment plan options. Unless stated, payment plans are not available with Partial Scholarships or on any discounted courses.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
A. Online study / Self-paced
Recommended for confident self-directed learners and is related to their current chosen career.
|ONLINE / SELF-PACED LEARNING|
$1,920.00*$2,400.00* ($400.00 Deposit &
8 x $190 Monthly payments)
* Terms and conditions.
For further information regarding tuition fees and study options related to the Mentor Education - Information Technology and Cyber Security Short course Australian Government nationally recognised qualification listed on this web page delivered by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO 21683), please visit the Terms and Conditions section of the Mentor Education Website located at https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions or call us on 1300 306 146.