The nationally recognised Dual BSB50120 - Diploma of Business and BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management course delivered by Mentor Education provides students a comprehensive qualification covering a range of business, leadership and management disciplines.
This dual diploma qualification caters to individuals working, or aiming to work as team leaders, senior managers, project officers and those in general management roles. The course is also ideal for those seeking to or who already own and/or operate small businesses.
Covering a diverse range of business, leadership and management subjects, this dual qualification includes units of study in:
- Business operational planning
- Personal and professional development
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Emotional intelligence
- Project work
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Mentor Education’s Dual BSB50120 - Diploma of Business and BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management course is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
The Dual BSB50120 - Diploma of Business and BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles, catering to current and prospective business leaders, middle-level managers, office managers, project officers, project managers and small business owners seeking a broad range of skills essential to project management, general management and business operations.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills
- Microsoft Office (or freeware equivalent) installed on their computer
- Access to a reliable high-quality internet connection
- Adequate literacy/numeracy skills
Who Should Enrol?
This qualification has been designed to accommodate both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for transition into further education. The program is particularly suitable for candidates currently working in leadership and/or management roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
Course duration: 24 months.
Units of study: 19
- Communicate with influence
- Develop critical thinking in others
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- Manage business operational plans
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Manage team effectiveness
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Manage business resources
- Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Lead communication in the workplace
- Coordinate human resource functions and processes
- Manage recruitment and onboarding
- Develop administrative systems
- Establish and monitor the marketing mix
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Establish innovative work environments
- Manage personal and professional development
- Undertake project work
- Originate and develop concepts
Note: This dual qualification has different electives than the BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management. To complete the dual qualification students must be enrolled in the units as listed. No change to units is allowable in this course.
Download a brochure for detailed course unit information.
Assessment may include:
- Short answer questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario's
- Research Tasks
- Project Management documentation
- White paper
- Business use case
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
- Virtual tutorials and webinars
Throughout their study time with Mentor Education, each student is supported by a fully resourced student support team trained in managing the needs of todays students.
Whilst completing their qualification, students are entitled to unlimited e-mail and phone support by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so they are never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during their studies.Learning Materials
Mentor Education has developed this qualification with student needs central to its structure.
The learning materials offered in this course are designed to give students exposure to what they would actually do in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and optional live online classroom-based tutorials.Virtual Classroom Experience
The best thing about completing your qualification with Mentor is just how effectively and easily it makes study fit in with your current lifestyle. What’s more with the online learning management system and virtual classrooms you can interact with your cohort and study just about anywhere you can find an internet connection.Flexibility and Delivery
In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Full upfront course fee payments can be made for this course, with regular special discount offers available for upfront payments.
Payment plans are available for this course. All payment plans require an upfront payment of a percentage of the course plus regular scheduled payments. If information in relation to a payment plan is not listed with a specific course, please call 1300 306 146 during business hours and speak to an Education Adviser to find out more about payment plan options. Unless stated, payment plans are not available with Partial Scholarships or on any discounted courses.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.