The nationally recognised Dual BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business and FNS40217 – Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course delivered by Mentor Education provides students a comprehensive qualification covering a range of entrepreneurial, accounting and business disciplines.
Designed for individuals looking at kick-starting their own business,those currently running their own small business or those establishing a new venture as part of a larger organisation, this qualification offers individuals both the opportunity to gain valuable insights into core business disciplines associated with common business management activities alongside core accounting and bookkeeping skills from bookkeeping fundamentals to financial reports preparation.
The dual Accounting, Bookkeeping, Entrepreneurship and New Business qualification includes units of study covering topics such as:
- Business planning and concept development
- Business opportunity review
- Marketing of new business ventures
- Cloud computing
- Accounting and bookkeeping fundamentals and Financial reporting
- Business activity and instalment (BAS) activity statements and payroll management
Recognised and accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), the FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping alongside additional assessment requirements as outlined by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) meet requirements for a course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles that is approved by the TPB*.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the nationally recognised Dual BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business and FNS40217 – Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping qualification.
Small Business Manager (Franchise), Consultancy Small Business Manager, Franchisee, Manager (New venture in existing business), Owner Operator, Accounts Officer, Accounts Supervisor, Bookkeeper.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills
- Microsoft Office (or freeware equivalent) installed on their computer
- Access to a reliable high-quality internet connection
- Adequate literacy/numeracy skills
Who Should Enrol?
This qualification has been designed to accommodate both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for transition into further education. The program caters to both:
- individuals establishing or operating a business providing self-employment, as well as;
- those establishing a new venture as part of a larger organisation.
This dual qualification also reflects the job roles of individuals working the accounting industry, including BAS Agents and contract bookkeepers; and of those employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and/or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) student membership.
Course duration: 24 months.
Units of Study 18
- Research and develop business plans
- Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
- Plan finances for new business ventures
- Market new business ventures
- Report on Financial Activity
- Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- Establish and maintain payroll systems
- Investigate business opportunities
- Develop and present business proposals
- Promote innovation in a team environment
- Originate and develop concepts
- Develop a social media strategy
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
Throughout their study time with Mentor Education, each student is supported by a fully resourced student support team trained in managing the needs of today’s students.
Whilst completing their qualification, students are entitled to unlimited e-mail and phone support by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so they are never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during their studies.
Mentor Education has developed this qualification with student needs central to its structure. The learning materials offered in this course are designed to give students exposure to what they would actually do in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and optional live online classroom-based tutorials.
Virtual Classroom Experience
The best thing about completing your qualification with Mentor is just how effectively and easily it makes study fit in with your current lifestyle. What’s more with the online learning management system and virtual classrooms you can interact with your cohort and study just about anywhere you can find an internet connection.
Flexibility and Delivery
In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Full upfront course fee payments can be made for this course, with regular special discount offers available for upfront payments.
Payment plans are available for this course. All payment plans require an upfront payment of a percentage of the course plus regular scheduled payments. If information in relation to a payment plan is not listed with a specific course, please call 1300 306 146 during business hours and speak to an Education Adviser to find out more about payment plan options. Unless stated, payment plans are not available with Partial Scholarships or on any discounted courses.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
A. Online study / Self-paced, Live Tutorials
Recommended for confident self-directed learners and is related to their current chosen career.
|ONLINE / SELF-PACED LEARNING|
$1,900.00*$3,290.00* ($500.00 Deposit &
7 x $200 Monthly payments)
B. Additional Support
Recommended for individuals new to online learning or returning to learning who would benefit from additional support.
|ONLINE / ADDITIONAL SUPPORT|
* Terms and conditions
For further information regarding tuition fees and study options related to the BSB40320FNS40217 - Dual BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business & FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping Australian Government nationally recognised qualification listed on this web page delivered by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO 21683), please visit the Terms and Conditions section of the Mentor Education Website located at https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions or call us on 1300 306 146.