Mentor Education's nationally recognised Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915) qualification delivers individuals the skills and knowledge to lead and manage organisations.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management is ideal for candidates seeking the skills and knowledge to lead and manage individuals, teams and organisations. The qualification is suited to individuals currently in or looking to undertake leadership and management roles and provides a succinct overview of core business fundamentals that are key to business operations.
The qualification comprises of core business units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Emotional intelligence
- Leading and managing workplace relationships and team effectiveness
- Budgeting and Financial Planning and Risk Management
- Management of employee performance, workforce management and employee relations
- Facilitation of continuous improvement
The Diploma of Leadership and Management is an exceptional choice for individuals seeking to:
- Develop management and leadership skills to further enhance career opportunities
- Gain knowledge of business leadership and management fundamentals to run their own business
- Consolidate previous business and management skills with a nationally recognised qualification
This qualification accommodates both individuals with no formal training qualifications and/or those seeking an entry point for transition into further education. Mentor Education's Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915) qualification is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
With relevant work experience and on completion of this course, students may be granted entry into either a Master of Business Administration or Bachelor of Business qualification***.
This qualification caters to individuals in roles (or aspiring to be in roles) such as Supervisors, Team Leaders, Project Managers and Middle Level Managers, where there is an objective to gain practical leadership and management knowledge that can be applied as part of their job function.
Who Should Enrol?
This qualification has been designed to accommodate both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for transition into further education. The course is suited to both experienced managers and aspiring leaders seeking to gain further leadership and management knowledge.
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for you to successfully complete this course, it is recommended that you have strong literacy and numeracy skills.
Students may wish to undertake the completion of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015) qualification prior to completing this course.
It is expected that students will spend 1300 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis over 12 months.
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Manage operational plan
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- Lead and manage team effectiveness
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Manage people performance
- Facilitate continuous improvement
- Manage risk
- Manage workforce planning
- Manage employee relations
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Undertake project work
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments.
Unlimited e-mail and phone support is provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you’re never left to feel 'lost' or stuck during your studies.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
Students considering further studies after completing the Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification have the option of gaining a direct pathway into higher education. Visit https://mentor.edu.au/career-pathway for further information.
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS
|1. Online - upfront payment|
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
|2. Online - Payment Plan|
For further information and to Apply, call 1300 306 146 and speak to a Course Adviser.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Terms and Conditions
* Offer only for online study. Excludes workshops. Offer ends when removed from this webpage. Upfront payment required, no payment plans are available for this offer. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments.
** Subject to approval by Mentor Education or Third Party provider. No discounts available for payment plans, cannot be used with any 'special offers' including any offers mentioned on this page, website, past or present offers. Additional terms and conditions apply. Speak to a Course Adviser for further information.
***Subject to meeting entry requirements.