The Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (FNS50315) qualification from Mentor Education is the superior choice for new entrants into this dynamic profession and the ‘Diploma Upgrade’ has been designed for existing advisers to upgrade their current Certificate IV qualification.
The course is suited for those looking to enter the finance and mortgage broking industry, or who are already working in the industry and want to take the next step in gaining qualifications providing the knowhow needed for advice and management roles in the finance and mortgage broking industry.
Enter the field or advance your standing in the mortgage broking industry with confidence! Finance and Mortgage Brokers play a significant role ensuring retail and business clients obtain professional advice on loans to suit their individual requirements and employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are equipped to meet the challenges of being a successful finance and mortgage broker.
The financial services industry for mortgage broking professionals is a rewarding career and continues to show strong growth, providing numerous opportunities for skilled, professional graduates. The Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (FNS50315) is suited to those who aspire to or are currently employed in the mortgage broking industry and are seeking to achieve the educational requirements of ASIC's Regulatory Guideline 206.
In this ever-changing marketplace of digital natives, employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are equipped to meet the challenges of servicing a range of complex financial services clients. Those with professional and practical skills in finance & mortgage broking management will have an edge over their peers, offering a higher calibre of professional and ethical services to their clients, enabling you to build trust and lasting client relationships.
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for you to successfully complete this course, it is recommended that you have a strong literacy and numeracy skills. Students may wish to undertake the completion of the Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815) qualification prior to completing the ‘Diploma Upgrade’ component of this course as a scaffolded, two-step process.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management qualification, a nationally recognised formal qualification.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Guidelines
Please refer to your relevant association for further information on CPD points available to individuals on completion of this course.
- Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) - https://www.mfaa.com.au/education-events/cpd-requirements
- Finance Brokers Association of Australia Limited (FBAA) - https://www.fbaa.com.au/training-centre/cpd-guidelines
Who Should Enrol?
This course is designed for new entrants from any walk of life seeking to become mortgage brokers, commodities brokers, investment brokers and general financial brokers. The course objective is to qualify graduates to offer finance and mortgage broking services. It has a strong practical, experiential focus which encourages application of principles in a professional, ethical and client centric manner.
It is expected that students will spend 1300 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis over 12 months. Students who have extensive industry experience will be expected to complete it in a shorter period.
This course provides the skills and knowledge required for advice and management roles in the finance and mortgage broking industry, equipping you to work independently or in team. During your studies, you will apply your theoretical learning in various practical case-study based scenarios, to deliver solutions and judgements in finance and mortgage broking planning activities.
Units of Competency
- Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third-party referrers
- Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients
- Identify client needs for broking services
- Present broking options to client
- Identify and develop broking options for clients with complex needs
- Present broking options to client with complex needs
- Implement complex loan structures
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Manage people performance
- Manage operational plan
- Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry
- Determine and manage risk exposure strategies
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
|Online (upgrade from Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking - FNS40815)|
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form