Mentor Education’s nationally recognised FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting (focusing on Payroll Administration) is ideal for candidates currently working in Bookkeeping, Assistant Accountant, Accountant, Payroll Officer, or Accounts Officer roles, seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
Ideal for Bookkeepers, Payroll Officers and Accountants, this intermediate qualification introduces students to a wide range of accounting and bookkeeping skills, alongside the provision of specialist payroll study units.
The qualification comprises of core business units of competency covering disciplines including:
- The provision of financial and business performance information
- Preparation of operational budgets
- Preparation of taxation documentation for individuals
- Provision of management accounting information and
- Processing and application of systems relevant to payroll, superannuation and taxation relevant to payroll
Mentor Education's FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
Students will be awarded with the Nationally recognised FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting qualification. Mentor Education’s FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting is a nationally recognised qualification from the Financial Services Training Package which complies with the Australian Qualifications Framework standard.
Completion of the following units, or their equivalent, which constitute the requirements for the FNSSS00014 - Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
OR Completion of FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent
OR Completion of FNS40615 - Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent
OR Completion of FNS40215 - Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Please contact a Mentor Education Course Adviser on 1300 306 146 if you have any queries regarding prerequisites required for this qualification.
In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer, Microsoft Excel installed on their computer, access to a reliable high quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
Versions of MYOB are available for both Windows-based computers and Mac-based computers, however - it is recommended that students have access to a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Excel, making it easier to follow the Windows-based examples and instructions.
Tax Practitioners Board
This course does not in any way meet any requirements for registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
Alternative paths of study
As an alternative course of study, students may wish to complete the FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting pathway course in conjunction with the FNSSS00012 - Payroll Administrator Skill Set if they do not meet course entry requirements.
With relevant work experience and on completion of this course, students may be granted entry into the FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting.
Students will be required to undertake 11 units of study including 6 core and 5 elective units. Course units are delivered sequentially and should be completed over a 12 month period.
The course has been structured so that delivery will complement the training with step by step required skills and knowledge, providing the learner with an efficient delivery model from start to finish, ensuring each individual’s needs will be met with their specialisation award.
- Provide financial and business performance information
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals1
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Prepare financial reports for corporate entities*
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- Provide management accounting information
- Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
- Process superannuation payments in payroll
- Process complex employee terminations in payroll
- Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
- Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
Assessments will vary amongst individual units and may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
- Virtual tutorials and webinars
Online Learning Experience
Throughout their study time with Mentor Education, each student is supported by a fully resourced student support team trained in managing the needs of todays students.
Whilst completing their qualification, students are entitled to unlimited e-mail and phone support by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so they are never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during their studies.Learning Materials
Mentor Education has developed this qualification with student needs central to its structure.
TThe learning materials offered in this course are designed to give students exposure to what they would actually do in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and live online classroom-based tutorials - all included in the initial enrolment fee with no more to pay.Virtual Classroom Experience
The best thing about completing your qualification with Mentor is just how effectively and easily it makes study fit in with your current lifestyle. What’s more with the online learning management system and virtual classrooms you can interact with your cohort and study just about anywhere you can find an internet connection.Flexibility and Delivery
In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Full upfront course fee payments can be made for this course, with regular special discount offers available for upfront payments.
Payment plans are available for this course. All payment plans require an upfront payment of a percentage of the course plus regular scheduled payments. If information in relation to a payment plan is not listed with a specific course, please call 1300 306 146 during business hours and speak to an Education Adviser to find out more about payment plan options. Unless stated, payment plans are not available with Partial Scholarships or on any discounted courses.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.