The Mentor Education Digital Business Short Course (comprising of the BSBSS00113 - Digital Business Administration Skill Set, BSBSS00112 - Workplace Technology Skill Set and the BSBSS00100 - Business Operations Support Skill Set) is designed to provide students a flexible general-purpose business skills package suitable for individuals working to or aiming to work across a broad range of industries. It is intended for individuals where job roles involve working across a range of duties in organisations, such as Administrative Assistants, Customer Contact Officers, Digital Business Assistants, Receptionists or Marketing Administrative Assistants.
The Mentor Education Digital Business Short Course comprises of core units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Producing complex documents and spreadsheets
- Digital technology for collaboration
- Research for and development of business plans
- Producing electronic presentations
- Business risk management and operations
Core transferrable skills include:
- Administration, leadership and planning
- Time management
- Risk management
Mentor Education’s BSBSS00113 - Digital Business Administration Skill Set, BSBSS00112 - Workplace Technology Skill Set and BSBSS00100 - Business Operations Support Skill Set are all nationally recognised qualifications, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded the BSBSS00113 - Digital Business Administration Skill Set, BSBSS00112 - Workplace Technology Skill Set and the BSBSS00100 - Business Operations Support Skill Set
The Units from the above skills set may contribute to credit towards BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Business Administration).
Skill Set Entry Requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills
- Microsoft Office (or freeware equivalent) installed on their computer
- Access to a reliable high-quality internet connection
- Adequate literacy/numeracy skills
Students will be required to undertake 13 core units. Course units are delivered sequentially and should be completed over a 38-week period.
- Process financial transactions and extract interim report *
- Report on financial activity *
- Coordinate business resources *
- Coordinate business operational plans *
- Apply business risk management processes *
- Research using the internet **
- Design and produce business documents **
- Design and produce spreadsheets **
- Create electronic presentations **
- Design and produce complex text documents ***
- Design and produce complex spreadsheets ***
- Apply digital solutions to work processes ***
- Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment ***
Units from the BSBSS00100 - Business Operations Support Skill Set *
Units from the BSBSS00112 - Workplace Technology Skill Set **
Units from the BSBSS00113 - Digital Business Administration Skill Set***
Download a brochure for detailed course unit information.
100% online learning.
Assessments will vary amongst individual units and may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
Online Learning Experience
Throughout their study time with Mentor Education, each student is supported by a fully resourced student support team trained in managing the needs of todays students.
Whilst completing their qualification, students are entitled to unlimited e-mail and phone support by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so they are never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during their studies.Learning Materials
Mentor Education has developed this qualification with student needs central to its structure.
TThe learning materials offered in this course are designed to give students exposure to what they would actually do in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and live online classroom-based tutorials - all included in the initial enrolment fee with no more to pay.Flexibility and Delivery
In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Full upfront course fee payments can be made for this course, with regular special discount offers available for upfront payments.
Payment plans are available for this course. All payment plans require an upfront payment of a percentage of the course plus regular scheduled payments. If information in relation to a payment plan is not listed with a specific course, please call 1300 306 146 during business hours and speak to an Education Adviser to find out more about payment plan options. Unless stated, payment plans are not available with Partial Scholarships or on any discounted courses.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
A. Online study / Self-paced
Recommended for confident self-directed learners and is related to their current chosen career.
|ONLINE / SELF-PACED LEARNING|
$1,200.00*$1,500.00* ($400.00 Deposit &
4 x $200 Monthly payments)
* Terms and conditions.
For further information regarding tuition fees and study options related to the Mentor Education - Digital Business Short course Australian Government nationally recognised qualification listed on this web page delivered by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO 21683), please visit the Terms and Conditions section of the Mentor Education Website located at https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions or call us on 1300 306 146.