The Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (FNSSS00005) delivered by Mentor Education is a nationally recognised training course delivering the skills and knowledge required to meet the Tax Practitioners Board* (TPB) educational eligibility requirements for a course in commercial law. Units in this skill set incorporate studies in applying legal principles in consumer and contract law, corporations and trust law, and property law. To be eligible for TPB accreditation as a tax agent students must have completed a full qualification such as Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215) and Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215) in addition to the Skill Set.
* Individuals should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements.
The Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (FNSSS00005) has been designed for individuals who are seeking tax agent registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB)*. The skill set provides credit towards both the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215) and Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215).
The skill set is suitable for individuals whose job roles encompass:
- The application of knowledge of property law in the workplace
- Working with corporations and trust laws in the workplace as determined by job role, legislation, rules, regulations and codes of practice relevant to different jurisdictions and
- The application of knowledge of contract and consumer law in the workplace.
* This Skill Set, together, with the appropriate assessment methods as set by the TPB, meets the requirements for a course in commercial law for tax agents that is approved by the TPB. Persons seeking tax agent registration should check with the TPB for details of other current registration requirements, including those relating to experience and fitness and propriety. Individuals should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements.
Industry Endorsed and Trusted
Mentor's Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (FNSSS00005) is a nationally recognised accredited skill set under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Who Should Enrol?
The Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (FNSSS00005) is suitable for those seeking to meet the educational requirements to become a Registered Tax Agent with the TPB. This skill set describes the skills and knowledge required to meet the TPB educational eligibility requirements for a course in commercial law. For further information, please visit www.tpb.gov.au.
Skill Set entry requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have an accounting or bookkeeping background and have strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Apply legal principles in contract and consumer law
- Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law
- Apply legal principles in property law
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Download Enrolment Form
Terms and Conditions
*Offer only for online study and requires full upfront payment. No payment plans available. No discounts available for workshops. To be eligible for the discount, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 30 June 2018, 4pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discount is based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 15 May 2018. Students will be able to commence studies within 14 days of completing enrolment application and payment. Excludes all workshops; online study only. Restricted to the first 200 student enrolments. Offer ends 30 June 2018, 4pm AEST or after 200 student enrolments.
**We do not offer any financial advice, nor should any information on this page be classified as financial advice in relation to eligibility of self-education expenses and taxation. Visit the ATO website or speak to your accountant for further information.