Mentor Education's Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815) is suited for those looking to enter the finance and mortgage broking industry, or who are already working in the industry and want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification that also meets the education requires as outlined in ASIC's RG206.
This course can be undertaken prior to completion of the Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (FNS50315) qualification. This is recommended for those without prior industry experience. However, from the 1st of January 2018 professional associations will require that the Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management as the minimal education requirement for attaining Associate Credit Adviser or Adviser Membership.
Enter or advance your standing in the mortgage broking industry with confidence! Employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are equipped to meet the challenges of being a successful finance and mortgage broker, who has graduated at the leading edge of their field.
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have a strong grasp of literacy and numeracy..
This qualification is required by responsible managers and representatives who need to meet the initial requirements of Section 47(1) (f) of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (National Credit Act) which places responsibility to gain and maintain the competence to provide the credit activities authorised by a credit license.
This course helps you to:
- Proactively assess clients loan applications
- Assist clients through the lending process
- Provide tools that protect clients and ensure the clients suitability
Who Should Enrol?
The program is for successful finance officers, responsible managers and mortgage brokers who wish to offer finance and mortgage broking services, it has a strong practical, experiential focus which encourages application of principles.
The courses can be tailored to meet the needs of Finance and Mortgage broking firms, organisations and institutions.
It is expected that students will spend 650 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis over 6 months. Students who have extensive industry experience will be expected to complete it in a shorter period.
This course introduces finance and mortgage broking, and works through the lending process and examines the agreements you will require to implement the loan.
- The Australian Economy
- The Australian Financial System
- Operating a Mortgage Broking Business
- Compliance Requirements
- The Credit Approval Process
- The Five C's of Credit Analysis
- Principles of Professional Management
- Resolving Conflict
- Time Management and Personal Development
- Risk Management
Units of Competency
- Process applications for credit
- Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients
- Provide finance and mortgage broking services
- Present broking options to client
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
- Design and produce business document
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third party referrers
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry
- Implement customer service standards
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815) course is the default qualification for the finance and broking industry. If you want to graduate at the leading edge of this field with the skills and knowledge to get ahead in the industry, then this is the course for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
*Terms and conditions: Offer only for online and distance education. Offer is not for workshops or classes. Offer ends 30 April 2018 at 5pm AEDT or when removed from this webpage. 'Course Adviser special' must be mentioned to the course adviser if applying by phone. Upfront payment required, no payment plans are available for this offer. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discount is off the RRP price as listed on the Mentor Education website.