Get qualified as a finance and mortgage broker with Mentor Education's Nationally Recognised FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking course.
Mentor Education's FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is suited for those looking to enter the finance and mortgage broking industry, or who are already working in the industry and want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification that also meets the education requirements as outlined in ASIC's RG206. This mortgage broking course is recommended for prospective students without prior industry experience.
This mortgage broker course can be undertaken prior to completion of the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management qualification. However, from the 1st of January 2018 professional associations will require that the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management as the minimal education requirement for attaining Associate Credit Adviser or Adviser Membership.
Enter or advance your standing in the mortgage broking industry with confidence with the FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Morgtage Broking! Mentor Education's mortgage broker course is delivered by experts in the field, who will provide support throughout your study journey from commencement to completion.
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have a strong grasp of literacy and numeracy..
This qualification is required by responsible managers and representatives who need to meet the initial requirements of Section 47(1) (f) of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (National Credit Act) which places responsibility to gain and maintain the competence to provide the credit activities authorised by a credit license.
This course helps you to:
- Proactively assess clients loan applications
- Assist clients through the lending process
- Provide tools that protect clients and ensure the clients suitability
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Guidelines
Please refer to your relevant association for further information on CPD points available to individuals on completion of this course.
- Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) - https://www.mfaa.com.au/education-events/cpd-requirements
- Finance Brokers Association of Australia Limited (FBAA) - https://www.fbaa.com.au/training-centre/cpd-guidelines
Who Should Enrol?
The program is for successful finance officers, responsible managers and mortgage brokers who wish to offer finance and mortgage broking services, it has a strong practical, experiential focus which encourages application of principles.
The courses can be tailored to meet the needs of Finance and Mortgage broking firms, organisations and institutions.
It is expected that students will spend 650 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis over 6 months. Students who have extensive industry experience will be expected to complete it in a shorter period.
This course introduces finance and mortgage broking, and works through the lending process and examines the agreements you will require to implement the loan.
- The Australian Economy
- The Australian Financial System
- Operating a Mortgage Broking Business
- Compliance Requirements
- The Credit Approval Process
- The Five C's of Credit Analysis
- Principles of Professional Management
- Resolving Conflict
- Consumer Lending Issue
- Time Management and Personal Development
- Risk Management
Units of Competency
- Process applications for credit
- Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients
- Identify client needs for broking services
- Present broking options to client
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
- Design and produce business document
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third party referrers
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry
- Implement customer service standards
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
The FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking course is the default qualification for the finance and broking industry. If you want to graduate at the leading edge of this field with the skills and knowledge to get ahead in the industry, then this is the course for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
|Online with Tutorials
ENROL NOWDOWNLOAD GUIDE
Call us on 1300 306 146 if you are interested in the tutorial study option.
Terms and conditions
For further information regarding pricing and offers related to the FNS40815 Certificate IV In Finance and Mortgage Broking nationally recognised qualification listed on this web page delivered by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO 21683), please visit the Terms and Conditions section of the Mentor Education Website located at https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions.