Get qualified as a finance and mortgage broker with the Nationally Recognised FNS40821 - Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, delivered by Mentor Education .
Delivered by industry experts, this newly released qualification (Supersedes both the FNS40820 and FNS40815 Certificate IV courses) is suited for those looking to enter the finance and mortgage broking industry, or who are already working in the industry and want to undertake a nationally recognised qualification.
This qualification comprises of core business units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Preparation of loan applications on behalf of clients
- Applying and maintaining knowledge of financial products and services
- Implementation of customer service strategies
- Complying with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice and
- Business plan formation
Delivery of this most up-to-date course release includes both live tutorials and course unit recordings, full student support and online / virtual assessments. Join thousands of Mentor Education mortgage broking graduates and advance your standing in the mortgage broking industry with the new FNS40821 - Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
FNS40821 - Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is ideal for those individuals undertaking or seeking roles in the mortgage broking industry. Careers undertaken by students completing mortgage broking courses include Mortgage Broker, Finance Broker, Loans Officer and Lending Manager roles
Who Should Enrol?
The FNS40821 - Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is for successful finance officers, responsible managers and mortgage brokers who wish to offer finance and mortgage broking services, it has a strong practical, experiential focus which encourages application of principles.
The courses can be tailored to meet the needs of Finance and Mortgage broking firms, organisations and institutions.
Course Entry Requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is strongly recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, Microsoft Office installed on their computer, access to a reliable high-quality internet connection and adequate literacy/numeracy skills.
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- have an understanding or are willing to gain an understanding of business plan creation and development.
Students will be required to undertake 12 units of study including 7 core and 5 elective units, with course units delivered sequentially. The total duration for the course is 665 hours which will be delivered over 12-months.
Non-compulsory virtual tutorials are available to all students enrolling in this course.
The course has been structured so that delivery will complement the training with step by step required skills and knowledge, providing the learner with an efficient delivery model from start to finish, ensuring each individual’s needs will be met with their specialisation award.
- Manage personal and professional development
- Develop and maintain professional relationships in financial services industry
- Prepare loan applications on behalf of clients
- Identify client needs and present broking options
- Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
- Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
- Apply and maintain knowledge of financial products and services
- Research and develop business plans
- Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- Implement customer service strategies
- Develop personal work priorities
- Design and produce business documents
Assessment may include:
- Multiple-choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Long answer questionss
- Case study and scenario's
- Research tasks
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the FNS40821 - Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking qualification.
Mentor Education’s FNS40821 - Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is a nationally recognised qualification from the Financial Services Training Package which complies with the Australian Qualifications Framework standard.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Guidelines
Please refer to your relevant association for further information on CPD points available to individuals on completion of this course.
- Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) - https://www.mfaa.com.au/education-events/cpd-requirements
- Finance Brokers Association of Australia Limited (FBAA) - https://www.fbaa.com.au/training-centre/cpd-guidelines
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
A. Online study / Self-paced
Recommended for confident self-directed learners and is related to their current chosen career.
|ONLINE / SELF-PACED LEARNING|
$1,560.00*$2,400.00* ($400.00 Deposit &
5 x $232 Monthly payments)
* Terms and conditions.
For further information regarding tuition fees and study options related to the FNS40821 - Certificate IV In Finance and Mortgage Broking Australian Government nationally recognised qualification listed on this web page delivered by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO 21683), please visit the Terms and Conditions section of the Mentor Education Website located at https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions or call us on 1300 306 146.