Mentor Education's Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815) is suited for those looking to enter the finance and mortgage broking industry, or who are already working in the industry and want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification that also meets the education requirements as outlined in ASIC's RG206.
This course can be undertaken prior to completion of the Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (FNS50315) qualification. This is recommended for those without prior industry experience. However, from the 1st of January 2018 professional associations will require that the Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management as the minimal education requirement for attaining Associate Credit Adviser or Adviser Membership.
Enter or advance your standing in the mortgage broking industry with confidence! Employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are equipped to meet the challenges of being a successful finance and mortgage broker, who has graduated at the leading edge of their field.
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have a strong grasp of literacy and numeracy..
This qualification is required by responsible managers and representatives who need to meet the initial requirements of Section 47(1) (f) of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (National Credit Act) which places responsibility to gain and maintain the competence to provide the credit activities authorised by a credit license.
This course helps you to:
- Proactively assess clients loan applications
- Assist clients through the lending process
- Provide tools that protect clients and ensure the clients suitability
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Guidelines
Please refer to your relevant association for further information on CPD points available to individuals on completion of this course.
- Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) - https://www.mfaa.com.au/education-events/cpd-requirements
- Finance Brokers Association of Australia Limited (FBAA) - https://www.fbaa.com.au/training-centre/cpd-guidelines
Who Should Enrol?
The program is for successful finance officers, responsible managers and mortgage brokers who wish to offer finance and mortgage broking services, it has a strong practical, experiential focus which encourages application of principles.
The courses can be tailored to meet the needs of Finance and Mortgage broking firms, organisations and institutions.
It is expected that students will spend 650 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis over 6 months. Students who have extensive industry experience will be expected to complete it in a shorter period.
This course introduces finance and mortgage broking, and works through the lending process and examines the agreements you will require to implement the loan.
- The Australian Economy
- The Australian Financial System
- Operating a Mortgage Broking Business
- Compliance Requirements
- The Credit Approval Process
- The Five C's of Credit Analysis
- Principles of Professional Management
- Resolving Conflict
- Time Management and Personal Development
- Risk Management
Units of Competency
- Process applications for credit
- Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients
- Identify client needs for broking services
- Present broking options to client
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
- Design and produce business document
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third party referrers
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry
- Implement customer service standards
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815) course is the default qualification for the finance and broking industry. If you want to graduate at the leading edge of this field with the skills and knowledge to get ahead in the industry, then this is the course for you.
Face-to-face (Melbourne only) - Melbourne Polytechnic
Are you interested in studying this Victorian Government Funded course in a classroom-environment? Call Now on 1300 306 146 or click on the 'Learn More' button below to learn more about studying with Melbourne Polytechnic our brokerage partner **.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Online study delivered by, and qualification and Statement of Attainment issued by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO Provider No. 21683)
All enrolments excluding RPL/RCC will also incur a course Amenities fee of up to $250
Face to face & Live Webinar study delivered by, and qualification & Statement of Attainment issued by Melbourne Polytechnic (Higher Education Provider No. PRV12142 | CRICOS Code 00724G | RTO Provider No. 3075)
Terms and Conditions
* Unless stated otherwise, this offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications, Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. Unless stated otherwise, no payment plans available for discount offers. Unless stated otherwise, no discounts available for Workshops. Unless stated otherwise, to be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 22/05/2019, 4.00pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/04/2019.
Face-to-face - Melbourne Polytechnic
** All enrolments excluding RPL/RCC will also incur an annual Amenities fee with a maximum cap of $250 ($175 for Concession Holders). Blended Face to face (1-night per week) and Live Webinar (1-night per week) study delivered over 18 weeks by Melbourne Polytechnic (Higher Education Provider No. PRV12142 | CRICOS Code 00724G | RTO Provider No. 3075).