The Certificate IV in Credit Management (FNS40115, supersedes and is equivalent to FNS40111) is considered the 'minimum entry requirement' for those new to the credit management industry or transferring to a position where they are required to provide credit advice to retail clients.
In this ever-changing marketplace, employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are equipped to meet the challenges of being a successful credit representative, loan officer or broker and graduate at the leading edge of their field.
Focused on your Success
This Credit Management qualification is required by responsible managers and representatives who need to meet the initial requirements of Section 47(1)(f) of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (National Credit Act) which places responsibility to gain and maintain the competence to provide the credit activities authorised by a credit license.
An engaging, innovative approach which meets the consumer credit education requirements of the corporate regulator.
We recognise that employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are aware of the challenges of being a successful credit representatives and responsible managers. Often a candidate’s Qualification is the only evidence that they possess the technical knowledge and skills requirements to conduct themselves professionally as an authorised representative.
With a Mentor Education qualification you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
This course helps you to:
- Proactively assess clients loan applications
- Assist clients through the lending process.
- Provide tools that protect clients and ensure the clients suitability.
Who Should Enrol?
The program is for successful credit representative, loan officers, responsible managers and brokers who wish to offer consumer credit advice, It has a strong practical, experiential focus which encourages application of principles.
- The courses can be tailored to meet the needs of credit licensees, organisations and institutions.
- It is also appropriate for candidates who intend to become credit representatives and responsible managers;
It is expected that students will spend 650 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis over 7 months. Students who have extensive industry experience will be expected to complete it in a shorter period.
This course introduces credit management, works through the lending process and examines the agreements you will require to implement the loan.
- The Australian Financial System
- Responsible Lending Conduct Obligations
- The Lending Process
- Commercial Lending Practice
- Consumer Lending Issues
- Applying Principles of Professional Management
- Time Management and Business Development
- Problem Loans Management
- Risk Management
Units of Competency
- Assess credit applications
- Establish and maintain appropriate security
- Manage and recover bad and doubtful debts
- Utilise the legal process to recover outstanding debt
- Manage overdue customer accounts
- Resolve disputes
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Conduct individual work within a compliance framework
- Implement risk management strategies
- Promote understanding of the role and effective use of consumer credit
- Process customer complaints
- Implement customer service standards
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
There are three forms of assessment:
- Multiple choice knowledge test
- Assessment Tasks based on the practical application of concepts learned.
- Skills assessment
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
The Certificate IV in Credit Management course is the default qualification for the credit, lending and broking industry. If you want to graduate at the leading edge of this field with the skills and knowledge to get ahead in the industry, then this is the course for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form