Mentor Education's nationally recognised BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Cyber Security) course provides students with an introduction to core business administration principles alongside introductory concepts and processes surrounding administration aspects of Cyber Security.
Focusing on busines, administration and and cyber security, this qualification provides students with a broad overview of common administration business functions. With a specialisation in cyber security, students undertaking this course will gain an understanding of business fundamentals including:
- Workplace communication and collaboration
- Developing and using emotional intelligence
- Writing complex documents
- Maintaining security of digital devices and
- Promoting cyber security awareness and contributing to threat assessment and risk management.
Prospective students also have the option of undertaking other BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business streams including the BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Administration), BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Operations) and the Dual BSB40520 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management and BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Administration).
The BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Cyber Security) is ideal for those individuals undertaking or seeking roles in administration, clerical or small to medium business management.
The course has been developed with a specific focus on business and cyber security solutions. It is expected that individuals completing the BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Cyber Security) course will use well developed skills and a broad knowledge base to solve a range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources within a business environment.
Who Should Enrol?
The BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Cyber Security) course is suitable for candidates currently or aspiring to work in leadership, administration, small business or management roles. This qualification has been designed to accommodate both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for the transition into further education.
Course Entry Requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is strongly recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, Microsoft Office installed on their computer, access to a reliable high-quality internet connection and adequate literacy/numeracy skills.
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- have an understanding or are willing to gain an understanding of business plan creation and development.
Students will be required to undertake 12 units of study including 6 core and 6 elective units, with course units delivered sequentially. The total duration for the course is 515 hours which will be delivered over 12-months.
The course has been structured so that delivery will complement the training with step by step required skills and knowledge, providing the learner with an efficient delivery model from start to finish, ensuring each individual’s needs will be met with their specialisation award.
- Apply critical thinking to work practices
- Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- Build and maintain business relationships
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Write complex documents
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- Develop personal work priorities
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Maintain security of digital devices
- Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- Contribute to cyber security threat assessments
- Contribute to cyber security risk management
Assessment may include:
- Multiple-choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Long answer questionss
- Case study and scenario's
- Research tasks
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business (Cyber Security) qualification.
Mentor Education’s BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations. The course is a nationally recognised qualification from the BSB Business Services Training Package. The course consists of combined units of competency which are aligned to vocational qualification levels identified in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.