Mentor Education's nationally recognised Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) is an educational qualification requirement as determined in Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009, which sets the professional qualifications and experience required to become a registered tax agent, registered BAS agent and tax (financial) adviser.
Employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are equipped to meet the challenges of being a successful bookkeeper, tax and BAS agent and graduate at the leading edge of their field.
This course is ideal for those new to the bookkeeping industry or who will be transferring to a position in the future in which they will be providing BAS, GST and/or book-keeping services.
Mentor Education's Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) is trusted by one of the leading professional bodies in accounting representing the interests of more than 26,000 members.
Mentor Education's Certificate IV In Bookkeeping (FNS40215) is a nationally recognised qualification and is a educational requirement for BAS agents, as outlined in Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
It includes the two units of competency required to satisfy the education requirements, outlined in Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
We recognise that employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are aware of the challenges of being a successful bookkeeper. Often a candidate’s Qualification is the only evidence that they possess the technical skills and knowledge requirements to conduct themselves professionally as an authorised representative.
With a Mentor Education qualification you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
Mentor Education's Certificate IV In Bookkeeping (FNS40215) is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
Successful completion of this qualification will help you to:
- Be awarded and recognised as holding the most current nationally recognised bookkeeping qualification
- Be recognised for completing units covering GST and BAS which are required to become a registered BAS agent
- Become a competent user of MYOB, the most widely known and used accounting software in Australia
Who Should Enrol?
Mentor Education's Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) is suitable for professionals currently in industry in a bookkeeping or accounting role, looking to validate their existing skills and knowledge with a formal qualification. It is also suitable for those seeking to enter the industry in an accounting role in the future.
- The course can be tailored to meet the needs of BAS agent, accountants and institutions.
- It is also appropriate for candidates who currently work as a bookkeeper and are seeking a formal qualification.
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is strongly recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer, Microsoft Excel installed on their computer, access to a reliable high quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
Versions of MYOB are available for both Windows-based computers and Mac-based computers, however - it is recommended that students have access to a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Excel, making it easier to follow the Windows-based examples and instructions.
It is expected that students will spend 600 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis Up to 24 months students who have extensive industry experience will be expected to complete it in a shorter period)
BK 1 - Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- Set up and Operate a Computerised Accounting System (MYOB)
- Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures Relevant to Bookkeeping Activities
- Apply Principles of Professional Practice to Work in the Financial Services Industry
- Establish and Maintain a Cash Accounting System (MYOB)
BK 2 - Business Reporting
- Establish and Maintain an Accrual Accounting System (Prerequisite is FNSBKG402)
- Prepare Financial Reports
- Administer Subsidiary Accounts and Ledgers
- Design and Produce Business Documents
BK 3 - BAS & Payroll
- Establish and Maintain a Payroll System
- Carry out Business Activity and Instalment Activity
BK 4 - OHS & Inventory
- Participate in OHS Processes
- Maintain Inventory Records
- Prepare Financial Statements for Non Reporting Entities
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relevant to bookkeeping activities
- Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- Establish and maintain a payroll system
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Prepare financial reports
- Design and produce business documents
- Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
- Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
- Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- Maintain inventory records
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
- Assessment Tasks based on the practical application of concepts learned
After enrolling into this program, you will be provided with a student membership with the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) and Institute Of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) free of charge.
Institute of Public Accountant's student membership
As part of your Institute of Public Accountant's student membership you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to IPA's online Magazine Our Public Accountant Digital Hub
- Introductions to popular IPA Discussion Groups, held all over Australia, with top speakers on a range of subjects
- Access to the IPA Linkedin global networking forum, allowing you to network and connect with IPA members
- Mentoring and work-shadowing opportunities
- Regular email updates, covering industry news and views
- Discounted CPE offerings at our IPA offices around Australia
- Invitations to events and networking forums with top accounting and finance leaders
Once you have completed your studies you will have a chance to upgrade your student membership to become a Graduate Associate of the IPA for $175.00 rather than the standard membership fee of $669.00.
Institute Of Certified Bookkeepers's student membership
You will also receive a complimentary 2 year Student Membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers. This entitles you to the following services with the ICB:
- specialised student newsletter keeping you up to date with changes in the industry,
- student resources to assist you in learning more about working as a bookkeeper; and
- network meetings with industry professionals
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Mentor Education's Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) is the a great choice for individuals who are currently in a bookkeeping or BAS agent role, and those who are looking to break into the industry. If you want to graduate at the leading edge of this field with the skills and knowledge to get ahead in the industry, then this is the course for you.
$2,433.00*Call us for our upfront special price
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
BONUS: Specialist presenters
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Workshop spaces are limited, so book your spot to avoid disappointment