Mentor Education's nationally recognised Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course (FNS40217) is tailored to individuals either currently working in bookkeeping and accounting roles or those preparing to launch a career as a professional bookkeeper, payroll officer, accounts clerk or BAS agent. This bookkeeping and accounting qualification is the most up to date qualification and supersedes both the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping and Certificate IV in Accounting courses.
Delivered via online study, this new qualification introduces students to a broad range of accounting and bookkeeping skills including the preparation of financial reports, completion and lodging of business activity and instalment activity statements, ledger administration, cloud computing and processing financial transactions.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is an educational qualification requirement as determined in Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009, which sets the professional qualifications and experience required to become a registered tax agent, registered BAS agent and tax (financial) adviser.***
Mentor Education’s Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is recognised and accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB). Students who enrol into this accounting and bookkeeping course will have the choice to receive free student membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and/or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
With over 15 years’ experience and more than 20,000 students, Mentor Education has a well-earned reputation as the largest privately-owned finance, business and accounting services education provider, with full student support, quality training and assessment.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) is ideal for those individuals undertaking or seeking roles in the accounting sector, including bookkeepers, accounts clerks and BAS Agents.
Delivered via online study, this qualification introduces students to a broad range of accounting and bookkeeping skills including the preparation of financial reports, completion and lodging of business activity and instalment activity statements, ledger administration, cloud computing and processing financial transactions.
Successful completion of this qualification will help you to:
- Be awarded and recognised as holding the The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217), the most current nationally recognised Accounting and Bookkeeping nationally recognised qualification
- Be recognised for completing units covering GST and BAS which are required to become a registered BAS agent
Who Should Enrol?
Mentor Education's Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) is suitable for professionals currently in a bookkeeping or accounting role, looking to validate their existing skills and knowledge with a formal qualification. It is also suitable for those seeking to enter the industry in an accounting or bookkeeping role.
Course Entry requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
In order for students to successfully complete this qualification, it is recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) installed on their computer, access to a reliable high-quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
Versions of MYOB are available for both Windows-based computers and Mac-based computers, however - it is recommended that students have access to a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), making it easier to follow the Windows-based examples and instructions.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) qualification.
Mentor Education’s Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is a nationally recognised qualification from the Financial Services Training Package which complies with the Australian Qualifications Framework standard.
Successful completion will help you to:
- Achieve the latest bookkeeping qualification, including the GST/BAS units required for registration as a BAS agent.
- Become an intermediate user of MYOB, Australia’s most widely used accounting system
The total duration for the course is 795 hours which will be delivered over 30 weeks.
The course has been structured so that delivery will complement the training with step by step required skills and knowledge, providing the learner with an efficient delivery model from start to finish, ensuring each individual’s needs will be met with their specialisation award.
- Prepare financial reports
- Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- Complete business activity and instalment activity statements *
- Establish and maintain payroll systems*
* Units form BAS agent registration Skill Set.
- Evaluate and authorise payment requests
- Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Perform financial calculations
- Process business tax requirements
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) course is the default qualification for the finance and broking industry. If you want to graduate at the leading edge of this field with the skills and knowledge to get ahead in the industry, then this is the course for you.
Assessment may include:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Short answer questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Case Study and Scenario's
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
Study Options - Online learning
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments.
Unlimited e-mail and phone support is provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you're never left to feel 'lost' or stuck during your studies.
After enrolling into this program, you will be have the option to receive student membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and/or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), free of charge.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers student membership
You will have the option to receive a complimentary Student Membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, valued at $120. This entitles you to the following services with the ICB:
- specialised student newsletter keeping you up to date with changes in the industry,
- student resources to assist you in learning more about working as a bookkeeper; and
- network meetings with industry professionals
Institute of Public Accountants student membership
As part of your Institute of Public Accountants student membership you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to IPAs online Magazine Our Public Accountant Digital Hub
- Introductions to popular IPA Discussion Groups, held all over Australia, with top speakers on a range of subjects
- Invitations to events and networking forums with top accounting and finance leaders
Once you have completed your studies you will have a chance to upgrade your student membership to become a Graduate Associate of the IPA.
Transition and upgrading information
Current students enrolled in the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) and/or the Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) have the option to transition to this new qualification.
The Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) and the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) will continue to be recognised pre-requisites for entry into the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217). The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217), the Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) and Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) courses will continue to be Nationally Recognised qualifications accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Students with older versions of the Certificate IV Bookkeeping, Certificate IV Accounting, Diploma of Accounting qualifications (FNS10 Training Package or earlier)
For those students that may have completed older versions of the qualifications (FNS10 Training Package or earlier) that that are wanting to update their Certificate IV Bookkeeping or Certificate IV Accounting for entry to the new Diploma qualification (subject to ASQA approval) we will make available the following skill set:
FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems;
For those students that may have completed older versions of the qualifications (FNS10 Training Package or earlier) that that are wanting to update their Diploma of Accounting for entry to the new Advanced Diploma qualification (subject to ASQA approval) we will make available the following skill set:
FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- FNSACC511 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC512 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC513 Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC514 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC516 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC517 Provide management accounting information
YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS
|1. Online - upfront payment|
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
|2. Online - Payment Plan|
For further information and to Apply, call 1300 306 146 and speak to a Course Adviser.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Terms and Conditions
* Unless stated otherwise, this offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications, Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. Unless stated otherwise, no payment plans available for discount offers. Unless stated otherwise, no discounts available for Workshops. Unless stated otherwise, to be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 19/12/2018, 4pm AEDT. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 12/11/2018. Restricted to the first 100 student enrolments.
** Payment plans require six equal monthly payments via direct debit. Contact Mentor Education for further information.
*** Individuals aiming to receive BAS agent registration should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements