The BAS Agent Registration Skill Set (FNSSS00004) delivered by Mentor Education is a nationally recognised training skill set designed for individuals employed in the finance or accounting industry aiming to complete formal Business Activity Statement (BAS) and payroll qualifications. The BAS Agent Registration Skill Set alongside additional assessment requirements as outlined by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) meet requirements for a course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles that is approved by the TPB*. This Skill Set also provides credit towards both the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) and Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615).
* * Individuals aiming to receive BAS agent registration should seek further advice from the TPB for additional registration requirements
The BAS Agent Registration Skill Set (FNSSS00004) is suitable for individuals working in the accounting or finance industry seeking to gain formal BAS and payroll qualifications. Individuals undertaking this course will gain the knowledge to carry out business activity and instalment activity statement responsibilities as well as learn to create and maintain a payroll system.
Industry Endorsed and Trusted
Individuals seeking registration as a BAS Agent under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA) are generally required to have successfully completed Mentor’s BAS Agent Registration Skill Set FNSSS00004, which is approved by the Taxation Practitioner Board (TPB) and includes a course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles.
The BAS Agent Registration Skill Set (FNSSS00004) is a nationally recognised skill set.
Who Should Enrol?
The BAS Agent Registration Skill Set is suitable for those currently employed or seeking in employment as a Bookkeeper and/or Accountant. Individuals seeking registration as a BAS Agent under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA) are generally required to have successfully completed Mentor’s BAS Agent Registration Skill Set FNSSS00004, which is approved by the Taxation Practitioner Board (TPB) and includes a course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles.
Skill Set entry requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have an accounting or bookkeeping background and have strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Complete business activity and instalment activity tasks
- Establish and maintain payroll systems
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Terms and Conditions
* This offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications and Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. No payment plans available. No discounts available for Workshops. To be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 30/09/2018, 4pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/09/2018. Students will be able to commence studies within 14 days of completing enrolment application and payment. Excludes all workshops; online study only. Restricted to the first 100 student enrolments.