The comprehensive industry accredited Advanced Xero and MYOB Package provides students a complete overview of both XERO and MYOB course software packages and includes Xero’s official advisor certification.
This course can also be combined with multiple Mentor Education course and Bookkeeping qualifications including the FNS40217 – Certificate IV in course and Bookkeeping, providing students succint theoretical and practical bookkeeping knowledge.
Ideal for individuals seeking a complete understanding of both Xero and MYOB accounting software, students will undertake completion of multiple short courses including the Certificate in Xero Payroll, Advanced Certificate in Xero, Certificate in MYOB AccountRight and the Certificate in MYOB Essentials. Students will also complete the official Xero Advisor Certification as part of their studies.
Delivered by The Career Academy (an IAB Accredited Training Provider and Xero Education Partner with Xero Learn), this industry accredited course contains specialist Xero and MYOB study modules including:
- Introduction to Xero Online, MYOB AccountRight and MYOB Essentials
- Sales, Invoices, Purchases & Bills, Aged Receivables & Payables, Quotes & Inventory
- Setup and management of payroll Items, payroll functions and pay runs (including single touch payroll)
- Reconciliation and Accounts Management
The Advanced Xero and MYOB Package is accredited by the International Association of course Professionals.
Xero’s official advisor certification will be awarded to students on successful completion of this course alongside the course qualification.
Students complete the following short courses from the Advanced Xero Package and Advanced Certificate in MYOB:
- Certificate in Xero
- Certificate in Xero Payroll
- Advanced Certificate in Xero
- Certificate in MYOB AccountRight
- Certificate in MYOB Essentials
- Certificate in MYOB Payroll
Students completing this course will also gain 80 CPD hours on completion (CPD Certification Service).
This course is not VET (Vocational Education and Training) accredited, but can be completed alongside a VET nationally recognised qualification.
Small business bookkeeper, small business owners and sole traders.
Prospective career outcomes
This course with additional formal qualifications can lead students towards careers in the course and Bookkeeping sector.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
Please note software used in this course is not compatible with Apple/Mac computers. Students will be required to have access to a PC to undertake this course
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Microsoft Office (or freeware equivalent) installed on their computer
- Access to a reliable high-quality internet connection
- Adequate literacy/numeracy skills
Who Should Enrol?
This qualification has been designed to accommodate both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for transition into further education. The program caters to both individuals running a business or working in a small business that wish to take a more active role in accounts management and those interested in understanding and undertaking either Xero or MYOB course functions.
Students with no formal qualifications seeking to undertake a Nationally recognised course of study should strongly consider enrolling into a Certificate IV or Diploma based course and bookkeeping qualification alongside undertaking this course.
The total course duration is approximately 80 hours. The course can be completed over a six-month period.
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Xero Chart of Accounts
- Managing Contacts with Xero
- Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes & Inventory
- Xero Purchases & Bills
- Reconciliation and Managing Accounts in Xero
- Introduction to Xero Reporting
- Introduction to Xero Add-ons
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
Certificate in Xero Payroll
- Setting up Xero Payroll
- Managing Payroll Items with Xero
- New Employees & Leave Requests with Xero
- Pay Templates in Xero
- Pay Runs in Xero
- Payslips & Payroll Reporting with Xero
- Employment Payment Summaries with Xero
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
Advanced Certificate in Xero
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
- Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
- Budgeting with Xero
- Tracking Categories in Xero
- Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
- Customising Templates in Xero
- Introduction to Projects and Expenses
- Advanced Certificate in Xero Assessment
Official Xero Advisor Certification
Certificate in MYOB AccountRight
- Setup & Introduction for MYOB AccountRight
- Chart of Accounts in MYOB AccountRight
- Contacts in MYOB AccountRight
- Banking with MYOB AccountRight
- Inventory, Quotes & Invoicing in MYOB AccountRight
- Receive Payments & Pay Bills in MYOB AccountRight
- Bank Reconciliation & Reporting in MYOB
- Payroll in MYOB AccountRight
- MYOB AccountRight Assessment
Certificate in MYOB Essentials
- Introduction to MYOB Essentials
- Chart of Accounts & Banking with MYOB
- Managing Contacts with MYOB
- Managing Items with MYOB
- Managing Invoices & Quotes with MYOB
- Managing Bills with MYOB
- Managing Reports in MYOB
- MYOB Essentials Assessment
Certificate in MYOB Payroll
- Installing MYOB Payroll
- Payroll Categories
- Employees & Timesheets
- Processing Payroll & Termination Pay
- Payroll Liabilities, Superannuation & Reporting
- MYOB Payroll Assessment
Official MYOB Test
+ The Advanced Xero and MYOB Package course is owned and delivered by The Career Academy (TCA). TCA is a Xero Education Partner with Xero Learn and a MYOB Approved Education Partner. Please note that this short course is not VET (Vocational Education and Training) accredited, but can be completed alongside a VET nationally recognised qualification.
Assessments will vary amongst individual units and may include:
- Case studies
- Written assessments and
- Practical exercises
Whilst completing this course, students will be provided both phone and email support. Students are assigned a tutor to provide assistance, who can be either contacted by phone during business hours or can be emailed at any time.Learning Materials
All learning materials including access to Xero are provided with this course.Flexibility and Delivery
In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Full upfront course fee payments can be made for this course. We provide regular special discount offers for upfront payments for all Mentor Education Nationally recognised courses. This industry recognised short course can be combined with a Mentor Education Nationally Recognised course.
Please call us to discuss payment plan options.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
* Terms and conditions.
For further information regarding tuition fees and study options related to the Advanced Xero Package & Advanced Certificate in MYOB Package industry endorsed course listed on this web page, please contact Mentor Education Pty Ltd or visit the https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions web page.
This course is owned, delivered and made available to Mentor Education students under licence from Career Academy Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 50 612 664 561) (TCA). Please note that this course is not an Australian nationally recognised VET (Vocational Education and Training) accredited qualification, but can be completed alongside a VET nationally recognised qualification.
Xero™ is a trademark of Xero Limited. MYOB™ is an internationally registered trademark of MYOB Technology Pty Ltd.