Mentor Education's nationally recognised FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting course delivers individuals specialist management accounting knowledge covering disciplines including management accounting, corporate governance, statistical analysis and financial reporting.
The FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting course caters to Individuals currently working in bookkeeping or accounting roles who are seeking a formal qualification to boost and confirm their existing knowledge and skills. This qualification is ideal for those seeking the knowledge to audit and report on financial records, provide management accounting information,prepare financial reports for corporate entities and manage budgets and forecasts#.
The FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting course comprises of core units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Preparation of financial reporting
- Monitoring of corporate governance activities
- Financial reporting
- Management Accounting
- Implement organisational improvement programs
- Evaluate corporate financial performance
Students considering further studies after completing the FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting or FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting with Mentor Education have the option of gaining a direct pathway into a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree.
The FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting qualification caters to individuals working in accounting or bookkeeping roles seeking professional recognition, accounts managers and business analysts. The course also is suitable for Individuals seeking to upgrade their accounting qualification to include the current units of competency.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting qualification.
Mentor Education’s FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting is a nationally recognised qualification from the Financial Services Training Package which complies with the Australian Qualifications Framework standard.
Who Should Enrol?
This qualification is suited to students who have prior experience in either accounting or bookkeeping roles and have a prior Diploma qualification.
For entry into this course, individuals must have completed either:
- FNS50215 - Diploma of Accounting; OR
- FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting; OR
- Both the FNSSS00014 - Accounting Principles Skill Set and the FNSSS00015 - Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set.
In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer, Microsoft Excel installed on their computer, access to a reliable high quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
Tax Practitioners Board
This course does not in any way meet any requirements for registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
Up to 24 months.
- Monitor corporate governance activities
- Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- Provide financial and business performance information #
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals #
- Manage budgets and forecasts #
- Prepare financial reports for corporate entities #
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures #
- Provide management accounting information #
- Audit and report on financial systems and records
- Implement organisational improvement programs
- Prepare and analyse management accounting information
- Evaluate organisation’s financial performance
- Develop and manage financial systems
# Common Units of Competency with Mentor’s FNS50217 - Diploma in Accounting
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments.
Unlimited e-mail and phone support is provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you’re never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during your studies.
Assessment may include:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Short answer questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Case Study and Scenario's
- Research Tasks
- Projects and Portfolio's
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
A. Online study / Self-paced
Recommended for confident self-directed learners and is related to their current chosen career.
|ONLINE / SELF-PACED LEARNING|
$1,977.00*$3,295.00* ($500.00 Deposit &
7 x $211 Monthly payments)
B. Additional Support
Recommended for individuals new to online learning or returning to learning who would benefit from additional support.
|ONLINE / ADDITIONAL SUPPORT|
* Terms and conditions
For further information regarding tuition fees and study options related to the FNS60217 - Advanced Diploma of Accounting Australian Government nationally recognised qualification listed on this web page delivered by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO 21683), please visit the Terms and Conditions section of the Mentor Education Website located at https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions or call us on 1300 306 146.