Mentor Education's nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) qualification delivers individuals specialist accounting and business knowledge covering governance, statistical analysis, legal principles and financial reporting.
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting course caters to Individuals currently working in bookkeeping or accounting roles who are seeking a formal qualification to boost and confirm their existing knowledge and skills. This qualification is ideal for those seeking the knowledge to interpret financial statistics, comply with financial services regulations and industry codes of practice, evaluate business performance, prepare tax documents and provide management accounting information.
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting course comprises of core units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Preparation of financial reporting
- Monitoring of corporate governance activities
- Financial reporting
- Management Accounting
- Preparation of tax documentation
- Application of legal principles in consumer, corporations and property law
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting also contains units of competency included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved Australian Taxation and Commercial Law courses.
Students considering further studies after completing the Diploma of Accounting or Advanced Diploma of Accounting with Mentor Education have the option of gaining a direct pathway into a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree.
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting qualification caters to individuals working in accounting or bookkeeping roles seeking professional recognition, including tax agents, accounts managers and business analysts. The course also is suitable for Individuals seeking to upgrade their accounting qualification to include the current units of competency.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) qualification.
Mentor Education’s Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) is a nationally recognised qualification from the Financial Services Training Package which complies with the Australian Qualifications Framework standard.
Who Should Enrol?
This qualification is suitable for students
For entry into this course, individuals must have completed either:
- FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting; OR
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting; OR
- Both the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set and the FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set.
In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer, Microsoft Excel installed on their computer, access to a reliable high quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
Versions of MYOB are available for both Windows-based computers and Mac-based computers, however - it is recommended that students have access to a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Excel, making it easier to follow the Windows-based examples and instructions.
The total duration for the course is 1240 hours which will be delivered over 24 months.
- Monitor corporate governance activities
- Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice #
- Evaluate business performance *
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures #
- Provide management accounting information #
- Provide financial and business performance information #
- Prepare Tax Documentation for Individuals # * or ***
- Prepare & administer tax documentation for legal entities *
- Implement tax plans and evaluate tax obligations *
- Apply legal principles in consumer and contract law **
- Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law **
- Apply legal principles in property law **
* Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Australian Taxation Law:
** Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Commercial Law:
*** Unit included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Tax Plans: FNSSS00009 Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax plans).
# Common Units of Competency with Mentor’s Diploma in Accounting FNS50215
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments.
Unlimited e-mail and phone support is provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you’re never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during your studies.
Assessment may include:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Short answer questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Case Study and Scenario's
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
Changes to the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215).
Individuals who enrol into the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) course will be offered the opportunity (subject to ASQA approval) to transition to the new Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) qualification.
Current students have until 13 February 2019 to complete their current course if they choose not to transition to the new qualification. For those students choosing to complete the transition module they will have an additional period of 6 months to complete the qualification.
Both versions of the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215 & FNS60217) will continue to be Nationally Recognised qualifications accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS
|1. Online - upfront payment|
OR Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
|2. Online - Payment Plan|
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Terms and Conditions
* This offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications and Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. No payment plans available. No discounts available for Workshops. To be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 30/09/2018, 4pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/09/2018. Students will be able to commence studies within 14 days of completing enrolment application and payment. Excludes all workshops; online study only. Restricted to the first 100 student enrolments.
** Payment plans require six equal monthly payments via direct debit. Contact Mentor Education for further information.