Gain direct entry into the new Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) qualification by completing the Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set!
The Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set (FNSSS00015) delivered by Mentor Education is a nationally recognised course designed for individuals seeking to update their qualifications from previous Diploma of Accounting training packages to gain entry into the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217).
The Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set comprises of core units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Preparation of tax documentation
- Preparation of financial reporting for corporate entities
- Managing budgets and forecasting
- Implementing and maintaining internal control procedures
- Management Accounting
Mentor Education's Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set (FNSSS00015) is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
Who Should Enrol?
The skill set is catered to individuals who apply advanced accounting principles in accounting job roles. The Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set is suitable for individuals that may have completed older versions of the Diploma of Accounting qualifications (FNS10 Training Package or earlier) that wish to update their qualification for entry to the new Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) or individuals seeking entry into the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) seeking to meet unit entry requirements.
Skill Set Entry Requirements
This is an open entry skill set with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have an accounting or bookkeeping background, have completed previously an equivalent Diploma of Accounting Course, have practical accounting or bookkeeping experience and have strong literacy and numeracy skills.
There are two prerequisite units that must be completed prior to commencing FNSACC514 - Prepare financial reports for corporate entities:
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
To complete your assessment and meet the requirements for performance evidence, you may be required to undertake a combination of tasks. These can include:
Assessment may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario's
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
The total course duration is 6 months.
- Provide financial and business performance information
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- Provide management accounting information
*Note the following prerequisite unit requirements.
|Unit in this skill set||Prerequisite units|
|FNSACC514 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities||BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports |
FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
|Online - Upfront payment|
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
|Online - Payment Plan|
To enrol, download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form.
Terms and Conditions
* This offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications and Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. No payment plans available for discount offer. No discounts available for Workshops. To be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 14/11/2018, 4pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Enrolments must be completed online using either the Enol buttons and links on this page or links provided by your Course Adviser. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 30/10/2018. Excludes all workshops; online study only. Offer ends either prior to the 14/11/2018 or when removed from this website.
** Payment plans require six equal monthly payments via direct debit. Contact Mentor Education for further information.