The Mentor Education Administration and Human Resources Short Course (comprising of the BSBSS00111 - Human Resources Advisor Skill Set, FNSSS00012 - Payroll Administrator Skill Set, BSBSS00109 - Introduction to Team Management Skill Set and the BSBSS00120 - Administrative Assistant Skill Set) qualification has been designed to provide a flexible general-purpose pathway in a broad range of industries.
Aimed at individuals with job roles that involve working across a range of duties in organisations where a specialist qualification is not the most suitable qualification, this course coveres a mixed collective of administration competencies from human resourcing needs and payroll administration to team management and financial records management. This course is suitable for individuals working in or aiming to work in careers including Leadership roles, Administration and Admin Support, Office and Business Assistants, Recruitment and Human Resource Management roles.
The Mentor Education Administration and Human Resources short course comprises of core units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Maintaining business and financial records
- Processing and managing payroll, salary packaging and superannuation payments
- Team and people performance management
- Managing human resource functions including recruitment, onboarding and industrial relations
Core transferrable skills include:
- Administration, leadership and planning
- Time management
- Risk management
Mentor Education’s BSBSS00111 - Human Resources Advisor Skill Set, FNSSS00012 - Payroll Administrator Skill Set, BSBSS00109 - Introduction to Team Management Skill Set and BSBSS00120 - Administrative Assistant Skill Set are all nationally recognised qualifications, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded the following skill sets:
- BSBSS00111 - Human Resources Advisor Skill Set
- FNSSS00012 - Payroll Administrator Skill Set
- BSBSS00109 - Introduction to Team Management Skill Set
- BSBSS00120 - Administrative Assistant Skill Set
The Units from the above skills set may contribute to credit towards other nationally recognised qualifications.
Skill Set Entry Requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
We also recommend that students undertaking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills
- Microsoft Office (or freeware equivalent) installed on their computer
- Access to a reliable high-quality internet connection
- Adequate literacy/numeracy skills
Students will be required to undertake 18 course units of study. Units may be delivered sequentially and should be completed over a 50-week period.
- Manage employee and industrial relations *
- Manage recruitment and onboarding *
- Manage payroll *
- Coordinate human resource functions and processes *
- Coordinate remuneration and employee benefits *
- Design and produce complex text documents **
- Design and produce complex spreadsheets **
- Apply digital solutions to work processes **
- Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment **
- Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll **
- Communicate with influence ***
- Manage people performance ***
- Manage project human resources ***
- Lead and facilitate a team ***
- Maintain financial records +
- Maintain business resources +
- Organise schedules +
- Purchase goods and services +
Units from the BSBSS00111 - Human Resources Advisor Skill Set *
Units from the FNSSS00012 - Payroll Administrator Skill Set **
Units from the BSBSS00109 - Introduction to Team Management Skill Set ***
Units from the BSBSS00120 - Administrative Assistant Skill Set +
Download a brochure for detailed course unit information.
100% online learning.
Assessments will vary amongst individual units and may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
Online Learning Experience
Throughout their study time with Mentor Education, each student is supported by a fully resourced student support team trained in managing the needs of todays students.
Whilst completing their qualification, students are entitled to unlimited e-mail and phone support by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so they are never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during their studies.Learning Materials
Mentor Education has developed this qualification with student needs central to its structure.
TThe learning materials offered in this course are designed to give students exposure to what they would actually do in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and live online classroom-based tutorials - all included in the initial enrolment fee with no more to pay.Flexibility and Delivery
In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Full upfront course fee payments can be made for this course, with regular special discount offers available for upfront payments.
Payment plans are available for this course. All payment plans require an upfront payment of a percentage of the course plus regular scheduled payments. If information in relation to a payment plan is not listed with a specific course, please call 1300 306 146 during business hours and speak to an Education Adviser to find out more about payment plan options. Unless stated, payment plans are not available with Partial Scholarships or on any discounted courses.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
A. Online / Self-paced
Recommended for confident self-directed learners and is related to their current chosen career.
|ONLINE / SELF-PACED LEARNING|
$1,520.00*$1,900.00* ($400.00 Deposit &
5 x $224 Monthly payments)
* Terms and conditions.
For further information regarding tuition fees and study options related to the BSBSSADMHR - Administration and Human Resources Short course Australian Government nationally recognised qualification listed on this web page delivered by Mentor Education Pty Ltd (RTO 21683), please visit the Terms and Conditions section of the Mentor Education Website located at https://www.mentor.edu.au/terms-and-conditions or call us on 1300 306 146.