Gain direct entry into the new Diploma of Accounting (FNS40217) qualification by completing the Accounting Principles Skill Set!
The Accounting Principles Skill Set (FNSSS00014) delivered by Mentor Education is a nationally recognised course designed for individuals seeking to update their qualifications from previous Certificate IV Accounting and Bookkeeping training packages to gain entry into the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217). The Accounting Principles Skill Set is also suitable for individuals seeking direct entry into the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) without completing a Certificate IV in Accounting/Bookkeeping qualification.
The qualification comprises of core business units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Processing financial transactions
- Extracting interim reports
- Creation and operation of a computer accounting system
- Establishing and maintaining payroll systems
- Completion of business activity statements
Mentor Education’s Accounting Principles Skill Set (FNSSS00014) is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
Who Should Enrol?
The Accounting Principles Skill Set is suitable for individuals that may have completed older versions of the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or the Certificate IV in Accounting qualifications (FNS10 Training Package or earlier) that wish to update their qualification for entry to the new Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217).
The units of competency in this skill set also provide credit towards the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) qualification.
Completion of the Accounting Principles Skill Set is an entry requirement of the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) and is a partial entry requirement for Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) qualification.
Skill Set Entry Requirements
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have an accounting or bookkeeping background, have completed previously an equivalent Certificate IV Accounting or Bookkeeping Course, have practical accounting or bookkeeping experience and have strong literacy and numeracy skills.
To complete your assessment and meet the requirements for performance evidence, you may be required to undertake a combination of tasks. These can include:
Assessment may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario's
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
Examples of activities that can be allocated to students included in self-directed hours may be:
- Set reading (textbook/workbook)
- Instructed research
- Self-directed research
The total course duration is 6 months.
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- Establish and maintain payroll systems
- Prepare financial reports
YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS
|Online - Upfront payment|
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
|Online - Payment Plan|
To enrol, download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form.
Terms and Conditions
* Unless stated otherwise, this offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications, Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. Unless stated otherwise, no payment plans available for discount offers. Unless stated otherwise, no discounts available for Workshops. Unless stated otherwise, to be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 31/03/2019, 11.59pm AEDT. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/01/2019.
** Payment plans require six equal monthly payments via direct debit. Contact Mentor Education for further information.