Designed for the beginner who wants to learn how the professionals trade like a pro and to make cash flow!
With the increase in online trading, now more than ever more novice traders are entering the financial markets with access that has only been opened to the sophisticated investor. Provided you have an internet connection you can potentially make consistent income of anywhere between 2% - 9% a month. This has opened up a whole new world to those just wanting to generate another income stream through to lifestyle convenience for the professional. Additionally many property investors are looking for other forms of income to build their property portfolio once the banks have stopped lending to them.
When it comes to trading, what separates the success stories from the tragic tales are those who have been mentored by someone who trades successfully vs those who have not received that mentoring education.
Most stock holders simply have no exit strategy to get the results they hope for. They typically only know how to make money when the market goes up, and often lose when it goes down with no clear plan or skill to mitigate loss. With options you can potentially make money not only when goes money goes up, but down, and even sideways!
This option trading course shows how consistent cash flow systems used by professional traders are created, defensive measures to protect losses, and how to run trading like a business.
The cost of living is only getting higher and unfortunately wages are not increasing in direct proportion. People are recognising they must become financially educated to move from survival to abundance. Now thanks to technology a growing amount of people are looking at how to supplement their incomes through trading.
Additionally professionals are aware options trading exists, but don’t really understand it or know how to advise clients on it. With a Mentor Education qualification you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
This course helps you to:
- Learn how options work on the stock exchange.
- Demonstrates advanced strategies that real traders use.
- Gives opportunity for you to simulate trade strategies that are shown.
- Discover how to run trading like a business rather than a speculator.
- Shows systems on how to trade rather than following the herd that buys stock and hope.
- Demonstrates how traders prepare psychologically in their trading to handle the movements of the market. Trading is about technique and also removing emotions from the decision process.
Earn CPD Points
15 continuing professional development points are available.
Who Should Enrol?
The program is for those who want to learn the strategies professional traders use to trade options, property investors to improve who additional income when the banks refuse to lend more; professional financial advisers, planners, and accountants who wish to simply have better understanding of how options work. It has a strong practical and mentoring focus which encourages application of the strategy.
- The courses can be tailored to meet the needs of dealer groups and institutions.
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
The Share Options Trading equips you with the knowledge and tools to trade. What most don’t recognize with trading is 80% of the game is mindset, and 20% is theory, strategy and practical application. Losses in trading are inevitable. It’s how the trader responds to losses that are key to determine whether they are successful or not. Just as a baseball player wants to increase their batting average to play the major league, so a trader must hone their skills to have more winning trades than losing. In this course we introduce strategies that successful traders use, the use of probability, technical indicators, finding the balance of reward versus risk, and knowing how to protect an account while making profit.
Course 1 – Mindset
Subject 1 - Life Purpose & Why trade? - A cause greater than yourself
- Life purpose & values, higher motivation, stewardship
- Response vs Reactions
- Goals, action plans and specific how
Subject 2 - Expectations in trading
- Human behaviour
- Emotions of the market
- Learning stages of a trader -serve your apprenticeship
Subject 3 - Building Wealth - Where trading fits in the grand scheme of things
- The 3 fundamental areas of building wealth
- Investing is a business
- Saving vs Giving and the Financial System
Subject 4 - Psychological Training
- How to handle loss
- How to handle profit
- How to handle change
Business Project: My Life Plan
Course 2 – Theory
Subject 1 - What are Options?
- Understanding Insurance
- Calls & Puts
- Other Options Anomalies
Subject 2 – Technical Indicators – Support & Resistance - Candles
- Support & Resistance
- The different charts
- Candle bodies - Shadows, wicks, dojis and reversals
Subject 3 - Technical Indicators - Western
- Bollinger Bands (Support & Resistance)
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- Fast and slow stochastic
Subject 4 – Margin
- The pros and cons of margin
- How margin works
- Margin calls and how they work
Subject 5 - The Greeks & Beta
- Topic 1 – Delta, Gamma, Theta, Vega
- How to source these measurements & apply them
Business Project: Chart Analysis
Course 3 – Strategies
Subject 1 - Options trades
- The challenges of options trades
- The variety – selling vs buying options
- How does a trader select the right one for them?
Subject 2 - Covered Calls
- What is a covered call?
- How do you protect a covered call?
- What are the pros and cons of a covered call?
Subject 3 – Naked Puts
- What is a naked put?
- How do you execute a roll or morph?
- What are the pros and cons of a naked put?
Subject 4 – Spreads
- What are spreads?
- How do you execute a roll or morph?
- What are the pros and cons of spreads?
Subject 5 - Systemizing Trading
- Rules vs guidelines
- Writing guidelines
- Directional trading, probability & diversity
Subject 6 - Closing out a liability & locking in a profit
- The mistake many options traders make
- The importance of locking in a profit
- When and how to lock in a profit
Business Project: My Trading Strategy
Course 4 – Practical
Subject 1 - Using the trading platform
- Online vs full service brokerage
- How to find a trade online
- How to place a trade online
Subject 2 - Watch lists & Tiers
- Getting organized for opportunities
- Combining watch lists with beta
- Defining strike gaps and buffer
Subject 3 - Company Announcements, Dividend payouts & holidays
- Why are they important?
- Slippage & market reactions to company announcements
- Where to source company announcements and dividend payout schedules
Subject 4 - Running your trading like a business (Structures & Accounting & Estate Planning)
- Why would a trader trade like a business?
- Asset protection, tax minimization (Pre & post-tax)
- Different structures you can trade through, companies / trusts, SMSF’s
Subject 5 - Running your trading like a business (Trading Plan)
- Why put a trading plan in place?
- What does the ATO look for?
- What needs to be considered?
Subject 6 - Holiday, travel planning & planning for emergencies
- Holidays – To trade or not to trade?
- What can go wrong?
- How to plan for those emergencies
Subject 7 - The 8th wonder of the world (Compounding) / Planning a trader’s growth
- The magic of compounding
- Goal setting
- Planning a trader’s growth
Business Project: My Virtual Trading Diary
We have designed our assessment activities in line with best practice standards to help you deliver quality advice outcomes to your clients.
This Course includes:
- Multiple choice knowledge test
- Business Projects
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
The Share Options Trading course introduces traders to a whole new world of protection and cash flow strategies. This is an advanced, specialised course written by traders who have tested strategies and real experience – not just theory! It enables professionals the ability to consult with clients in this ever growing field, demonstrates advanced strategies that the wealthy use, and shows how trading is run like an efficient business rather than risky speculating. If you want to be exposed to the advanced knowledge and strategies used by professional traders, and gain an insight into the mindset required to succeed, this is the course for you.
Study Online, Workshop or customised In-house Training and start this Monday at 11 am with an Induction Webinar.
$1,890.00*Call us for our upfront special price
BONUS: 22 Online Videos
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Enrol by 5pm Friday, to access our induction webinar 11am Monday
$3,290.00*Call us for our upfront special price
BONUS: Specialist presenters
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Workshop spaces are limited, so book your spot to avoid disappointment